JDUC Redevelopment Referendum ResultsFebruary 14, 2018
Joint statement re: SGPS Presidential By-Election by Stéfy McKnight & Tyler MorrisonMarch 5, 2018
Kingston, ON – On the evening of Tuesday, February 13, SGPS Council passed the following decisions:
- To reject the recommendation of the Judicial Committee to have SGPS Council appoint either Stephanie McKnight or Tyler Morrison as president for the 2018-19 academic year.
- To instead hold a by-election between the two candidates, allowing the student body to elect their president directly.
- To reduce the threshold for opt-out fees to pass from a 2/3 majority to a simple majority.
- To reduce the threshold for mandatory fees to pass from a 2/3 majority to a simple majority, so long as quorum of 15% voter turnout is met. If quorum is not met, mandatory fees will require a 2/3 majority to pass.
- To hold a re-referendum on the Bus-It and OPIRG fees, with the new fee policies, described above, in effect.
The by-election and re-referendum will take place March 5-13. The campaign period will occur from March 5-11, and the voting period will occur from March 12-13.
Please direct any inquiries to Jennifer Williams, SGPS Speaker, at email@example.com.