SGPS statement on racist noteOctober 11, 2019
SGPS DivestmentJanuary 29, 2020
To All SGPS Members,
The 2020-2021 Executive team will be holding a town hall-style meeting on Saturday, February 6th @ 2:30 pm EST.
- Please mute your microphone to avoid background noise.
- If you have video capabilities, please use it when speaking or asking a question so that we can make it a more personable experience.
- Use the hand raise function when you have a question.
- The chat function should only be used for a question if you do NOT have access to a video or microphone.
Guidelines for Engagement
- Be responsive, not reactive: Listen with the aim of understanding and intent of learning.
- We strongly encourage all members to actively take part in the discussion.
- Speak from your personal experience; don’t expect others in the group to represent more than their experience.
- Ask for clarification, not to judge: Sometimes it can be difficult to understand someone’s meaning, especially when it is a newly formed idea. Work with that member to bring about clarification and insight, both for them and for the group.
- Discomfort or tension need not be a negative experience: times of emotions, stress, tensions, or misunderstandings need to be addressed, not dismissed, otherwise it negatively manifests in your physical, mental, and emotional well being. Seek out additional support such as the EmpowerMe program or Student Wellness Services at Queen’s University.
Should you have any questions or concerns leading up to this meeting, please feel free to reach out to our President, Justine Aman, at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
The SGPS Executive Team